Twelve Literary Arts Inc. is seeking to retain a Consultant to assist in researching and identifying potential grants and providing general grant writing services associated with the completion and submission of grant applications, program administration, and delivery.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Funding Needs Analysis - Work with Twelve Literary Arts Inc. Executive Artistic Director and Board of Directors to assess the validity of current funding priority areas, identify changes in funding priority areas, and identify new priority areas for funding.
- Grant funding Research - Conduct research to identify grant resources including, but not limited to federal, state, foundation, agencies and organizations that support Twelve Literary Arts Inc.'s funding needs.
- On a regular basis, not less than monthly provide Twelve Literary Arts Inc. with summaries of potential funding opportunities. Summaries should include, but not limited to, name of agency, due dates for applications, eligibility, a brief program summary, and the level of funding available.
- On-call Grant Research - In addition to the areas defined above, other areas may also be identified by Twelve Literary Arts Inc. throughout the duration of the contract. The scope of work includes researching grant opportunities identified by Twelve Literary Arts Inc.
- Grant Proposal Development - Provide general grant proposal writing services associated with the completion of grant applications on the behalf of Twelve Literary Arts Inc, including the preparation of funding abstracts, production and submittal of applications to funding sources.
- Program and Administration Delivery - Contractor will be required to provide grant administrative services; including accounting, filing update reports, and recommending payments of grant proceeds to Twelve Literary Arts Inc.
- Monthly Reports - The successful Consultant shall submit monthly reports to Twelve Literary Arts Inc. summarizing the activities undertaken during the previous month.
SERVICE PERIOD AND AWARD TERMS:
Contract will be for one (1) year from date of award. Award will be made to the Consultant that best meets Twelve Literary Arts Inc. needs and requirements. All aspects of evaluation will be taken into consideration in awarding this contract. Cost of services will not be the final determination of most qualified, but will be considered as an element of evaluation.
PROPOSAL CONDITIONS & INFORMATION:
Proposals will be received by Twelve Literary Arts Inc. until 5:00pm on Friday, May 4, 2018. All proposals must be submitted in a sealed envelope and have original signature and date.
One (1) original and eight (8) copies of the proposal must be submitted to:
Twelve Literary Arts Inc.
317 E. 156th Street
Cleveland, OH 44110
Please mark on the lower left hand of the envelope: “RFP-Grant Writing Services”. Proposals should be submitted using a 12 point serif font.
Questions regarding this proposal must be submitted in writing to Daniel Gray-Kontar at the above address or via email [email protected].
As a member of the transportation team, the van driver provides safe and efficient transportation for students to and from events such as neighborhood pick-up and drop-off for our after school programs, and recreational outings. The candidate is expected to comply with all organization policies and procedures as well as State licensing requirements that apply to group child care centers and after school programs.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a safe, diverse, and welcoming environment for youth;
- Make sure that every child is wearing their seat belt at all times;
- Observe the speed limit and all road signs and signals during the task of delivering the children safely to their destinations;
- Help club directors and support team with youth on field trips and events;
- Communicate as needed with program directors and parents or guardians of youth;
- Follow proper reporting procedures;
- Maintain a current understanding of procedures if an accident should occur with the van, with or without members in the van;
- Other duties as assigned by manager or site directors
25 years of age with a valid Ohio Drivers License and clean driving record. Candidate must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug test, and driving record check. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience working with children and experience driving. Driver must provide van.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three personal references to Twelve Literary Arts Executive Artistic Director Daniel Gray-Kontar at the information below by no later than April 13, 2018. Only complete applications will be accepted. No calls please.
Send complete applications to:
Executive Artistic Director, Twelve Literary Arts Inc.
317 E. 156th Street, Cleveland, OH 44110
The Support Instructor assists the lead instructor in creating lessons in accordance with the overall curricular plan for the year. He/She/They may also co-facilitate other One Mic Open Fellowship lessons including, but not limited to Critical Reading, Poetry and Performance, Workshopping, Community Building, and Rites of Passage. The Support Instructor is also responsible for communicating student progress and challenges to the Executive Artistic Director. In order to provide a quiet and safe learning environment, the Support Instructor is expected to model appropriate behavior. The instructor is to participate in the Family Orientation, Staff Meetings, and Professional Development sessions. The Support Instructor must collaborate with all members of the Twelve Literary Arts staff as necessary.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning of daily lessons, and organizing the physical environment to maintain the interest of high school youth
- Create an environment that is respectful of youth and provides a fun, imaginative and educational experience
- Observe the progress of youth in program and communicate progress with Twelve Literary Arts education team
- Assist youth in working together and resolving conflicts in a positive manner
- Maintain daily attendance reports and all other required documentation (ie. incident/injury reports, sign-in/sign-out, medication logs, permission slips, attendance, enrollment and update data on forms, etc).
- Be on time and readily available for scheduled work at the site, as well as troubleshooting and quick-response interventions to address emerging needs
- Attend all required staff meetings and training sessions
- Assume other duties as required by Executive Artistic Director
- At least two years of experience working with youth between the ages of 13-19
- History of working with youth in out-of-school learning environments
- Background in Literary Arts
- Cuyahoga County background check (BCI)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Hands on experience in local, regional, or national Poetry Slam/Brave New Voices competitions
- An undergraduate degree in a related field (Education, Theatre, English, Creative Writing).
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong interest in social justice and youth development
Twelve Literary Arts is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Twelve Literary Arts will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories with direct referrals from The Ohio Ex-Offender Coalition, The Cleveland Eastside Ex-Offender Coalition, and Lutheran Metropolitan Ministries Community Re-Entry program.